Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.
Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.
The writer claims that an argument would be well tested if you be capable to convince someone with contrary point of view. The writer further reasons that the only way to discover the value of an idea is by defending it in an argument. In what follows I will first discuss the claim and then analyze the reason on which the claim stands.
As far as the claim is concerned, I concur that when it comes to subjective matter such as philosophy, religion and style of life, the ability to convince individuals with opposing notions is a proper indicator of your opinion’s value. For instance, you h...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni 70
- The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulties in obtaining reliable supplies of high quality wool fabric, we discontinued productio 80
- Claim The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint Reason Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea 88
- A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. 60
- All college and university students would benefit from spending at least one semester studying in a foreign country.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the posit 50
if you be capable to convince someone
if you were capable to convince someone
Sentence: You pay attention to some reasons which you might not have been exposed to before; Therefore, you might find out that you have been mistaking for a long time, so you may change your idea altogether, or you may sometimes modify it.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a conjunction, subordinating
Suggestion: Refer to to and before
Some duplicate words or sentences. Look:
No. of Words: 533 while No. of Different Words: 226
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 3.5 out of 6
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 19 15
No. of Words: 533 350
No. of Characters: 2444 1500
No. of Different Words: 226 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.805 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.585 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.558 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 161 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 123 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 85 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 53 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 28.053 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 11.83 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.737 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.332 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.561 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.233 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5