Claim The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint Reason Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea

Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.
Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.

The writer claims that an argument would be well tested if you be capable to convince someone with contrary point of view. The writer further reasons that the only way to discover the value of an idea is by defending it in an argument. In what follows I will first discuss the claim and then analyze the reason on which the claim stands.

As far as the claim is concerned, I concur that when it comes to subjective matter such as philosophy, religion and style of life, the ability to convince individuals with opposing notions is a proper indicator of your opinion’s value. For instance, you h...

if you be capable to convince someone
if you were capable to convince someone

Sentence: You pay attention to some reasons which you might not have been exposed to before; Therefore, you might find out that you have been mistaking for a long time, so you may change your idea altogether, or you may sometimes modify it.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a conjunction, subordinating
Suggestion: Refer to to and before

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look:
No. of Words: 533 while No. of Different Words: 226