GRE sample issue pool essay topic 54 Many important discoveries or creations are accidental it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agre

GRE sample issue pool essay topic 54
Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The speaker contends that most of the discoveries or creations made are accidental. I concede that if we retrospect to our history, there are some innovations which was made accidently. In most respect, however, creations or discoveries are planned and most of the time premeditated unconsciously.
Admittedly, if we look back in the scientific development timeline, we can find many examples where even astute did not get results of their hypothesis as expected. For instance, Madame Curie, who is first women to win noble prize, discovered radiation by accident when she was working to find properties of uranium. Moreover, she was keen into understanding the properties of uranium that she did not stipulate that uranium can produce radiation and that radiation can be used to treat a disease. To add, Newton, who is one of the father of physics, has discovered many theories by accident – a apple fell on his head which made him wonder about the reason behind it and in no time he came to a conclusion that there is a force- “gravitation”- which was pulling that apple towards the ground. Thus, the speaker claim has some merit that many discoveries are by accident.
However, speaker overlooks several illustrations in the real world which concludes discoveries are not totally accidental. To discover or create something, it is crucial for a scientist or an engineer to closely understand the topic so that they can work on it. While working on it they tend to understand the problem in details which leads to a better solution than preplanned one. For instance, NASA , while developing a artificial intelligence, started project with a small box which could be programmed by the engineers. Eventually that program evolved overtime to a artificial intelligence robot which looks exactly like humans. Over the time, engineers worked and saw potential to a better option which led to a innovative creation. Also, there are architects, who start their projects from rudimentary state, use their skills and transform a simple art into a complex one. They do it in a step by step method which, although not pre-planned, is somewhere premeditated by them unconciously. Therefore, creation is a process of developing from rudimentary stage to a more developed stage.
The speaker also ignores the scientific discoveries which were made pre-planned by scientist to fight with many pandemics. For example, in 2020, corona virus outbreak had become macabre caused by those novel virus. To attenuate those effect, scientist worked persistently to find out a vaccine as well as cure. It has been two years now, scientist are able to discover many aspects of that virus which has helped in easing the process of treatment. Those discoveries made by scientist are done with full proof plan. There are various other discoveries made by humans which were planned beforehand.
In sum, the statement correctly suggests that discoveries or creation are made by accidents where even the discoverer is not aware of what the results will be. However, statement does not fully credit those discoveries or creation which are made as demanded by the scenario. Therefore, both angles of the statement is correct in itself.