Essay topics: A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.
A school is an institution where students are imparted certain set of skills and talents so that they can not only sustain themselves but also flourish in whichever career path they choose for themselves. The main objective of a school is to provide students with the opportunities and guidance so that they can make right decisions for themselves. It also responsible for the growth of their students and ensuring to provide appropriate challenges to improve their development. Thus I don’t agree with the authors’ point of view of providing a fixed curriculum for school education.
Every individual is different and possess their own unique set of talents and skills. A school is supposed to identify and to strengthen those talents. A fixed curriculum restricts the student learning to a specific defined concepts. This not only restricts the learning the process but also limits the creativity of the students with no challenge for them to think out of the box or to push.
Furthermore everyone has a different learning and grasping speed. Forcing everyone to follow the same curriculum may lead to difficulty for some students to keep up with the course while some maybe be sailing through their schoolwork without facing any substantial challenge. Since everyone would studying the same subject course, it may also lead to high competition among students to perform well. Such high competitions may also disrupt the work-rest balance between curricular and extra-curricular activities for some of the students. Thus leading to studies and schoolwork becoming a priority in a students’ life and hobbies and extra-curricular activities taking a back seat. As studies have shown that for effective growth and learning, extra-curricular and resting time is as important as studying, it would lead to high stress levels among the students who are not able to balance their work-rest time. Moreover, since everyone can’t cope with stress effectively and have varied stress management levels, it can also lead to some unfavorable situations.
In addition, an adaptive curriculum ensures, that school students can choose and study various subjects before they have to make the decision of what subjects they want to study in in college. Options of subjects at school levels can help students to choose their career paths on the subjects they like. Instead if they are forced to study the same curriculum, then how are the students supposed to choose the future of their careers? It would end up being a hitting the bull in the dark, with no exposure to the field.
All things considered, I consider a diverse and self-paced curriculum not only aids in effective learning but also helps students in choosing their futures. Moreover, it also helps in encouraging the creativity of the students while providing them with appropriate balance between study and their hobbies.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|16 hours 49 min ago||rautella||50||Read full essay|
|22 hours 33 min ago||kfloyd717||66||Read full essay|
|1 day 11 hours ago||carlossouza||66||Read full essay|
|1 day 12 hours ago||Kartik Shenoy||75||Read full essay|
|2 days 3 hours ago||Rida Rajani||83||Read full essay|
|2 days 10 hours ago||devanshu||58||Read full essay|
|4 days 3 hours ago||dduan97||83||Read full essay|
|5 days 13 hours ago||Shweta sahu||50||Read full essay|
|5 days 16 hours ago||vpp||50||Read full essay|
|6 days 5 hours ago||jorgejacs12||66||Read full essay|
- Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. (54)
- Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts. (50)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (83)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (70)
- Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive. Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated. (50)
- Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could. (16)
- Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. (58)
- To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities. (50)
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate. (50)
- Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition. (50)