Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning f

Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Art is an expression of human nature. Art is the representation of our emotions and ideas through a physical figure, such as a painting, a sculpture, movies, writings, music, etc. Art also functions as a way to entertain ourselves and even as a way to represent historic events, and it has been used by humans since we were caveman. However, as important as art is, there a more basic and more important things we should take care of before focusing on art. And in the next paragraphs I will explain why how I agree with stopping the government funding of arts.

First, we must acknowledge that while art is important it is not a primal human necessity such as food and shelter, and hence a job to obtain both. It is cardinal that any government has its priorities well established and focuses its budget on the basic things for its society to flourish and their citizens to have a decent life. Providing with the means for a citizen to obtain a job, have a decent income to afford a house and sufficient food, must be the prime objective for them. Without these basics conditions, people starving and unemployed are likely to not only not have an interest in art before they have in their well-being, but also they would protest against money spent in art instead of aiding them.

Also, one should consider that not all population is interested in art, at least not in all of their representations. But one can assure that all people is interested having their necessities covert. Stopping the funding of art and spending that money in these factors would not stop art altogether. One must remember that there exists private funding, and that it is one of the most important sources of money for the art world. Most of the movies, a lot of books, paintings, sculptures and music albums that come out each year have an important amount of support from private investors.

People could argue that the economic investment in art by the government is relatively small and that the government should cut off first unnecessary expenses and this may be true, but it is no reason to forget the solving of hunger and poverty in the nations citizens. And even when the funding stops for several years while these issues are being dealt with, the funding should eventually come back once they are solved.

In conclusion, while art is an important part of our lives, and it has been present since our birth as a species, there are more important things in which government money should be spend of, such as its citizen’s poverty and hunger. And once this is solved, funding should come back, meanwhile, artists would have to learn to suffice with private funding of their work.

are likely to not only not have an interest in art
Don't use 'not only' in this way

money should be spend of
money should be spent of