“One should not expect respect for disregarding the opinions of others. Only when every point of view is taken into consideration should people take action in the world.”

The issue of whether all possible actions taken in the world should be meticulously considered beforehand and whether someone should expect respect from others when he/she disregards their opinions is highly debatable. A variety of historical examples, may expose the ambiguity of the subject. However, is it feasible to consider every possible point of view in a subject? Would every opinion be heard and affect the process of choice making? After carefully weighting the following facts, it becomes clear that actions should not only be taken after considering every opinion and that respect is not always gained by plain opinion consideration.

Democracy, is the brightest display of how people interact with their information and points of view as a whole. It is probably the only regime that allows people to express their opinions, affecting at some extend the actions taken by the politicians. However, as it is natural due to the bottleneck phenomenon, there will always be a plethora of conflicting opinions in various subjects and only a few will pass the social filter of norms that define the legitimacy of a given opinion. Thus, sometimes politicians are naturally forced to ignore numerous opinions before taking an action due to physical constrains like time and resources. Usually, it is the aftermath of political actions that will either credit or discredit the politician with respect. If the outcome is beneficial for the majority, it is likely that even those whose opinions were not heard will respect more the politician who made the call.

Now, imagine that we are in a combat field and we are trained as a marine to do specific actions given the circumstances. This grim situation demands quick decision making, following the rank hierarchy and performing actions that soldiers may not agree with. We can understand that it is almost impossible to consider every potential point of view, given the tight and pragmatic time frames, not to mention that usually the higher the military rank of a given order the less likely it is for an opinions of lower ranks to be considered at all. Though critical opinions may be considered, there is no seat for egoistic likeness here. In coherence with the aforementioned, respect here can only be evaluated by the success or failure of a mission and not only by mere consideration of opinions. For example, if soldiers agree with their lieutenant's call and turns out that it was a bad call, the latter's reputation, respect and trust will degrade.

On the other side of the opinion camp, there are many examples from the industrial field that can demonstrate why trying to consider all opinions may end up in a disaster. Facing a potentially hazardous and gigantic problem in the financial market, the company that was mostly responsible for the world's economic crisis in 2008 actually took no action at all. The financial analysts of the company were not eager to announce their potential disastrous findings and were engaged in a loophole with the hope of finding something positive that could resolve the issue. Scientifically known as an analysis-paralysis effect, the analysts were trying to consider all possible opinions on the matter without taking any actions with their given data. This passive procrastination and over-analyzation has lead to a dramatic plunge of the global stock exchange markets. Years later, prominent analysts have agreed that the crisis may have been averted if an action was taken, no matter if it was the optional one or not. It would be better for the market and the company's reputation to have made a bad call than no making a call at all.

To conclude, according to the aforementioned paradigms, respect is not strongly connected with opinion disregarding but with the result of the action taken. Being pragmatic, since the real world is demanding and time for us is not infinite, its almost impossible to consider all opinions in order to take action. Lingering is far worse than taking a not so scrupulous action. Therefore, it is inevitably concluded that its better to act than waiting for opinions and respect primarily stems from the result and not from mere opinion consideration.

will respect more the politician who made the call.
will respect more to the politicians who made the call.

its almost impossible
it's almost impossible

its better to act
it's better to act

Sentence: Lingering is far worse than taking a not so scrupulous action.
Description: The token a is not usually followed by a negator
Suggestion: Refer to a and not

No. of Words: 692 350 //Write the essay in 30 minutes.