People who make decisions based on emotions and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers

I agree with the author's statement that " People who make decisions based on emotions and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers". This statement supports the fact that most decisions made on emotions are generally not perfect in nature.

First, the leaders elected by India generally based on the emotional decisions that the people make. The Politics in India is firstly based on religion or caste system.The people often elect or support one politician based on their caste or the religion that they belong to. A state having higher percentage of one caste people will most likely have a person leading that state belonging to the same caste. The people do not first check if the politician has any credibility to lead or if the politician will correct any issues currently pertaining to that people.These judgement and decisions made by the people are so solid that they justify their candidate and support them so blindly to make them win. This kind of judgement often is wrong based on the end results of those electoral terms. The leaders often do not even check back on them or even thank them until the next election comes to their forefront. The people who made those decision are finally at the bad end of their decisions.

Second, I for one am a kind of person who makes decisions based on my emotions. When I feel my friend has done any mistake or went behind my back and talked badly about me. I get emotional and mostly wouldn't even go and have a talk with him. I always justify these kinds of decision just on the fact of my emotion then, anger that my trusted friend has gone behind my back. I never realize or check on the history if I had done anything wrong or what might have led him to such a position. I don't even ask his position on the problem. This kind of emotional decisions stop me from approaching the person or even give him a second chance to explain himself. These decisions often take me to the loser side of the battle, when others tell me the real reason which may justify and make his move to be right but the distance between us would have grown larger before such realizations are made.

Thirdly, the communal violence due to , people differing on race, religion etc are just due to the emotional decisions that few leaders of people of that community make. The racial violence in America and the communal violence in India based on religions were just a manifestation of different emotions of people. In India the religious violence were just due to few people being so emotionally tied to their religion and couldn't accept or even argue their stand on various issues of a given society, these led to widespread attacks on people of the other communities which grew into a big problem. The leaders of those communities justify the violence and such decisions. But after years when such problems are analyzed logically , the violence not only leads to separation and hidden rage between those communities but also slows down the growth of the country or region as well as continues to prevent communal harmony.

The examples on political , communal and personal decisions supports the statement that emotional decisions made and logical justification those decisions do not in many cases make good decisions and such decision makers often tend to be poor decision makers.

The Politics in India is firstly based on religion or caste system
The Politics in India are firstly based on religion or caste system

Well, need more arguments. Try this pattern:

paragraph 1: introduction -- explain in your own words about the issue and give a thesis statement at the end. Give a reasonable not a dogmatic statement.

paragraph 2: reason 1 + why reason 1 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 3: reason 2 + why reason 2 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 4: qualification -- moderate your position. This may involve a sentence beginning with "but" or "however"...

paragraph 5: conclusion -- reinforce the thesis.
-------------------------------------------------