Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
Utopia might seem unreal and too fancy to achieve. Then, some people might prefer politicians who provide practical means than who claim to pursue an ideal world. A discussion of politicians' pursuing is important since they play a role in governments and govern the people. In my stance, I do not agree that politicians should abandon an ideal solely because there is no obvious way to reach it for the following reasons.
First of all, ideals could be the final goals and politicians approach them by solving basic problems and consensus at first. In other words, ideals should be pursued through processing common ground issues. To illustrate, governments face consensus, like education issues, welfare issues, and law issues, to improve the living standards. Furthermore, politicians have to confront many common issues, such as global warming, every day. In this way, they hope to achieve the ideal world one day.
Moreover, the ideal world might be hard to reach and this is the factor which causes societies progress. The goal of creating a utopia would be harder to perform than solve common ground issues. And this hardness cause people to concentrate on different issues and bring about distinct methods to deal with them and approach the ideals. On the contrary, if people ignore the ideals, governments might not advance since they always focus on basic and common things, but not the bigger and greater goals. Therefore, this world becomes better day by day by pursuing the ideal world.
Admittedly, basic and reasonable consensus is also essential to people and affect people's life. Nevertheless, if politicians only focus on consensus, there will be a large part of problems, issues, and goals ignored. People always have disparate views and these views provide a distinct perspective on the same issue. These dissents broaden human minds and aid people to see larger. With the concern of dissents, minority groups' right would not be negligent.
To sum up, the vague ideals would be harder to explain and approach, but it should not be the reason to stop pursuing them while ideals could aid this world progress and the societies advance.
- Some people argue that successful leaders in government, industry, or other fields must be highly competitive. Other people claim that in order to be successful, a leader must be willing and able to cooperate with others.Write a response in which you disc 60
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current 70
- The human mind will always be superior to machines because machines are only tools of human minds.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In d 63
- Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and 58
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands were extinct. Previous archaeological findings have suggested that early humans general 67
argument 1 -- OK
argument 2 -- OK
argument 3 -- OK
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 3.5 out of 6
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 20 15
No. of Words: 354 350
No. of Characters: 1750 1500
No. of Different Words: 189 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.338 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.944 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.428 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 133 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 79 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 55 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 34 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.7 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.349 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.298 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.514 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.095 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5