A recent study indicates that children living in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal have lower levels of tooth decay than children living in suburban areas in the United States, despite the fact that people in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal re

A recent study indicates that children living in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal have lower levels of tooth decay than children living in suburban areas in the United States, despite the fact that people in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal receive little to no professional dental care, while people in suburban areas in the United States see a dentist an average of 1.25 times per year. Thus, regular dental care is not helpful in preventing tooth decay.

As per the study, tooth decays are found more in people living in suburban US areas as compared to the ones in Himalayan regions of Nepal.It can have the following explanations.

Firstly we are not looking at the foods eaten in both the areas and daily habits we have concerning oral health care. It's very obvious people in Nepal won't be eating fast foods or processed ones as compared to the ones in suburban areas. People in Nepal are mostly religious people following their age old traditional practices which surely doesn't involve these health deteriorating eating or living practices.

Secondly it is very much possible people in Nepal have in house remedies for such health issues for which the don't need to consult any professional dental care. This can easily explain why in spite of little to no dental care services as well Nepal have lower levels of tooth decays.

Thirdly its wrong to compare any place or their issues with a place very different in terms of lifestyle and environment. These both places can have different sets of issues and their remedies. Since people in US consume more varieties of foods or drinks which can cause serious damage orally if they are not opting for regular dental care.

So by looking at the stats it does shows Nepal having lower levels in tooth decay but that cannot conclude US don't need regular dental care in area where people have risky living or eating habits. So we can compare these results if people can change their lifestyle and start living like people in Nepal and then it does make sense to target our regular dental care if in that case as well we are seeing better results in case of Nepal.

samples:
https://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/recent-study-indic…

---------------------------