To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve

To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Our time characterizes the high level of urbanization. More and more people live in cities every year. But in the same time to understand the most characteristics of a society it is necessary to study not only its major cities, but also villages, settlements and towns. Despite on the fact that a large part of a society is concentrated in big cities, it would not be correctly to analyze any society, based on characteristics of city residents.

The first reason is that population of any big city is mainly consist of people from other countries. It is known that migration is one of actual topics nowadays. For instance, to take into account Moscow it can be noticed that more than 50 percent of population of the capital are not Russian people. There is the high level of migration from nearby countries, such as Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and etc. These people can have the citizenship of another government, thus it would not give an objective assessment of the main characteristics of the Russian society, analyzing only the population of Moscow.

The next point why it is necessary to take into account population from other areas is that village is the root of the culture of any country. It is known that a society started its development in villages and small settlements. And the cultural features of any nation were born exactly there. But then people left their villages due to modernization of a society and the opportunity to find a work in towns. Now people might not even know the culture of their country in big cities. According to the research, approximately 70 percent of population among young generation in Russian big cities prefers to cook semi-finished products or eat in restaurants; also these people do not know how to cook Russian cuisine. But at the same time people in small villages cook a meal, consisting of traditional Russian foods.

Also it is impossible to say about the level of education in a society if only to study city residents. It is known that people in big cities are more educated and have broad knowledge than people in small towns and especially in villages. The main reason is that almost all universities and institutes are situated in cities rather than in villages. And to understand the real situation in this sphere it is necessary to analyze population outside the cities.

In conclusion, studying of cities as a way to understand the most important characteristics of a society is only partially correct, because it does not illustrate the features of all society.

is mainly consist of people from other countries
is mainly consistent of people from other countries