As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more complex and mysterious.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take

As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more complex and mysterious.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Every time science acquires more knowledge, things do become more comprehensible, it helps to prove previous hypothesis and to go onto subjects. This might be the reason some might think that things are not more comprehensible as we gather data and create science theories to explain what we observe in the universe. It is not that things become more complex or mysterious, but that science enables us to pursue more complex phenomena of which we previously did not have the information to formulate hypothesis or explain at all.

Another reason things may seem to become more complex and mysterious as we increment our knowledge is that as we advance in time, we develop technologies that allow scientists to discover new phenomena previously unknown to humans, such as smaller particles in atoms, to the point we study the smallest particles that compose the universe, and even then, as technology advances and hypothesis are formulated, we discover new ones to fill the gaps that were there before. Likewise, we not only discover the smallest particles in our universe, but we also discover new celestial bodies far away in the universe, we see them better and with the new technology we are able to study them in many different ways, not visible to the naked eye.

However, there are some specific phenomena that do become more complex as we study them, because we do not make any advances with the hypothesis previously formulated about it, but we do discover new things around said phenomena that were not known before and that today, with the knowledge we have, makes no sense.

Nonetheless, eventually, most of the phenomena in our world and the universe, with the data and technology improvements we acquire with time, will get an explanation, that will later be proven, and create theories and laws about it, until we cannot do it anymore.