Some people think secondary school students should study international news as one of their subjects Other people say this is a waste of valuable school time Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

In today's world, individuals have been surrounded by international contents that consequently impact massively on their own nation. Although they may range from political, technological to economical topics, some people are of the opinion that international news should be characterized as a subject in secondary school whereas others are not comfortable with that assumption. Indeed, I agree with this statement because students will be able to understand the global economy and it can broaden their horizons.

First of all, studying foreign news can contribute to leverage student's knowledge and prepare them to start their undergrad with a different perspective on life. These people have more likelihood to land outstanding jobs and to talk about any subject that may arise. For example, during a job interview at Google, the HR manager aks candidates about everyday topics and most are about the global economy and its impact in some other nations. For this reason, it is quite important for deans to come up with strategies to deploy international news as a school subject.

On the other hand, many citizens are against this best practice. A great variety of them believes this could be wast of time in classrooms. Not to mention that it can take up the time of other subjects which are crucial for the young generation, such as philosophy and ethics. Some students have no interest in global topics and obligate them to study it can be considered a hindrance for their development.

All things considered, I believe that schools should apply world news as a subject on a daily basis. In fact, it is clear that it benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Taking this into account, students will be more prepared to face challenges in the foreseeable future and to be qualified to discuss about a myriad of topics when it comes to foreign events.