Essay topics: Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village.
The map illustrates the expansion of Chorleywood, a village close to London, with several year intervals between 1868 and 1999.
According to the data given by the map, it can be clearly seen that there was a gradual increase in infrastructure projects. Until the middle of the 19th century, there was only a remote area near to the intersection of the two main roads to London, but the further developments transform this particular region into a human habitat.
As it can be observed in the graph, the smallest site even build on the map was recorded between 1868 and 1883 and it is near one of the main roads. After 40 years from the birth of the village, there were considerable developments such as the construction of the rail station(1909) at the same time with the inauguration of a new place. The following years, there were added two areas on both sides of the main road crossing the map vertically. Finally, the village was extended eastwards, so there was a possibility to establish an accessible motorway (1970) which crosses both the old road winding horizontally and the railway.
Another thing to mention is that the park and golf course are placed in the center of the village and they bordered by the two roads, motorway, railway.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||wIsaac||73||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||sugabanoflagos||73||Read full essay|
|4 months 4 days ago||an111||73||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||nicknguyen||78||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||nicknguyen||56||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 weeks ago||Vivekjasani||73||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||reza_fattahi||61||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||amol2475||78||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||Faisal Afzal||56||Read full essay|
|3 years 11 months ago||prepareielts2016||65||Read full essay|
- In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables tha (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (60)
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. (80)
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. (70)
- Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first (80)
- In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfe (70)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement? (70)
- The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant. (80)
- Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples. (80)