The graph below shows annual water usage (in millions of cubic meters) by industries in some country.

The graph illustrates the annual water usage (divided into ground water and public water supply) by industries of different fields in a country. The numbers are measured in millions of cubic meters.

Overall, chemical industries use more water in both categories, ground and public supply, with respectively 430 and 240 millions of cubic meters used.

For ground water, after chemical industries, the higher amount of water usage is by the metal, paper and food/drink industries in this order.The fuel and textile industries used the least quantity of ground water compared to the other categories of industry.

Considering public supply of water, the chemical industries again lead the group, as mentioned before. However, in this case, the chemical group is followed by food/drink, metal and machinery industries in this order. The paper, fuel and textile industries had the least volume of public water spent in a year, with considerably low water usage compared to the other kinds of industry.