The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.

The table illustrates information about expenditures which were spent by the inhabitants of five different countries on three various categories in 2002. At first glance, it is clear that food/drinks/tobacco had the highest proportion of costs and leisure/education had the lowest of the three.

To begin with, of all five European countries, the residents of Turkey spent the greatest expenditure on food/drink/tobacco, nearly one-third of their total cost. Inhabitants of Ireland with approximately 29% showed near percent in this case.

People in Italy and Sweden illustrated the most and the least expenditures on clothing/footwear with 9% and 5.40%, respectively. Noteworthy is to mention that statistics in other three countries presented similar percents in the same as category.

Leisure /education was reported as the lowest cost in all of five states, less five percent in each of them. However, the proportions were close to one another.

On the whole, percentages of national consumer expenditures showed that people in Europe were more inclined to spend their incomes on food/drinks/tobacco rather than the other categories.

less five percent in each of them
less than five percent in each of them