You borrowed some books from your school or college library. Unfortunately you have to go away to visit a sick relative and cannot return the books in time. Write a letter to the library explain what has happened and tell them. What you want to about it.

Dear Sir,

I m writing in connection with books which could not return by me in time. I borrowed some books as on 2 june 2014 from college library. I shall be return the books with in one month.

Last week, i got the call of my cousin brother. He told me about the critical situation of my maternal uncle. He is suffering from diseases such as typhoid and blood pressure. He was admitted in a hospital from few days ago. On the other side, my cousin brother final examination is going on and he needs my help in this situation. Thus, i have planned to visit my maternal home.

Laconically, i am not able to return the books within time period. So, after one week i will come to my home city and return library books. I hope you understand my situation. I am hoping for your support in this matter. Thank you for your assistance.

Yours Truly,
.....

with books which could not return by me in time.
with books which could not returned by me in time.

I borrowed some books as on 2 june 2014 from college library.
I borrowed some books on June 2, 2014 from college library.

I shall be return the books with in one month.
I should return the books in one month.