The bar chart below shows the percentage of people who ate five portions of fruit and vegetables per day in the UK from 2001 to 2008

The bar chart below shows the percentage of people who ate five portions of fruit and vegetables per day in the UK from 2001 to 2008.

The given chart provides information about the amount of fruit and vegetables eaten by proportion of people over the period from 2001 to 2008 in the UK. Overall, it can be clearly seen that over the 7-year period there was a wide fluctuation amongst all group’s percentage rates.

According to the chart, it is vividly shown that starting from 2001 to 2006, women’s percentage rate for consuming different types of fruits and vegetables witnessed a gradual increase from just over 22% to nearly 40%. After that, the following 2-year period proportion rate saw a decrease and ended at approximately at 30% in 2008.

On the other hand, for the “men” and “children” groups there was a steadiness from 2001 to 2003. In stark contrast to this, proportions for both men and children consuming fruits and vegetables rose gradually between 2003 and 2007. Then, percentages slightly declined and finished at around 25% and 23% for men and children respectively.