The bar chart below shows the top ten countries for the production and consumption of electricity in 2014.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

doubletee's picture

Overall, it is clear that among ten countries, China was the highest country that producing and consuming electricity in 2014, while Korea Republic was the lowest for both utilization and usage of electricity in 2014. However, Germany was the only country that consumed electricity more than produced it in 2014.

China was the most country that utilized and used electricity in 2014, at 5398 billion kWh and 5322 billion kWh, respectively. Following China was United States that produced 4099 billion kWh while used 3866 billion kWh. After United States was Russia, which the number of consumption and production were 1057 billion kWh and 1038 billion kWh, respectively. Those numbers did not even reach a half of United States' production and usage amount. The next was Japan, that generated 936.2 billion kWh electricity and used 856.7 billion kWh electricity. India came after Japan, with the amount of electricity production was 871 billion kWh and usage number was 698.8 billion kWh. Furthermore, Canada was in the position after India, generated 618.9 billion kWh and consumed 499.9 billion kWh.

On the 7th and 8th places were France and Brazil, that had similar amount of electricity production and consumption (561.2 billion kWh electricity production and 462.9 electricity usage for France, and 530.7 billion kWh electricity generation
and 455.8 electricity consumption for Brazil). Then, Germany people produced slightly different amount of electricity from France, at 530.7 billion kWh. However, Germany was the only country that used electricity more than produced it, at 582.5 billion kWh. At the last place was Korea Republic, which produced and consumed electricity at almost equal number, 485.1 billion kWh and 449 billion kWh.