The chart below shows the number of trips made by children in one country in 1990 and 2010 to travel to and from school using different modes of transport

The chart below shows the number of trips made by children in one country in 1990 and 2010 to travel to and from school using different modes of transport.

The supplied bar chart compares the information about pupils of age 5-12 who had various modes of transportation to travel to school or leaving school in year 1990 and 2010. Number of trips per year predicted in millions

Overall, it is apparent that most scholars travel by car or walking , whereas cycling transportation shows loosing interest in students.

In 1990, walking was the most selected method for computing to school, with over 12 million trips per year made by pupils. This was the most staggering three times higher than the trips made by cars. Meanwhile, trips made by other travelling methods were practically identical.

In 2010, it could be noticed on the figures that all transportation followed decreased trend except being car passenger, which increased almost threefold, reaching around 11 millions to become the highest number in the chart. In stark contrast, the figure for walking which was the most popular way in 1990, dropped by almost 6 millions in 2010. Although, interest for bus and cycling trips was dropped to around 5 millions and 2 millions respectively.