The Chart below shows the percentage of people who ate five portions of fruits and vegetables per day in the UK from 2001 to 2008

The Chart below shows the percentage of people who ate five portions of fruits and vegetables per day in the UK from 2001 to 2008.

The bar chart illustrates the percentages of men, women, and children who ate five servings of fruit each day in the UK from the year 2001 to 2008.

Overall, we can observe that the percentage consumption for all people has gone up from 2001 – 2008. The percentage of women having five portions of fruits is greater than men which is in turn more than children in all years.

For men and children, the percentage of consumption remained almost stable in the first three years from 2001 to 2003 (around 13 and 17, respectively), however, it increased rapidly to peak in the year 2007 at nearly 29 and 26, respectively. Later, except for a difference of 1-2%, the numbers remained the same for both categories.

For women, the percentage steadily increased from around 22 in 2001 to a maximum of more than 30 percent in the year 2006, to eventually settle at a portion of 30 towards the end of the given period. While the percentage difference between the least and highest category was 8 (21 for women subtracted with 13 for children), the gap narrowed in the last year to 5 (30 for women subtracted with 25 for children).