The graphs below show the percentage of household energy used and the amount of greenhouse gases produced in Australia Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant

The graphs below show the percentage of household energy used and the amount of greenhouse gases produced in Australia. Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant.

The pie charts show the proportion of energy consumption for various kind of household and the involvement in producing greenhouse gases in Australia.

The first glance at both charts reveals that water heating and heating and cooling consume more energy than others. They consume more than 20% of energy. However, this consumption rate also looks proportional to the contribution to greenhouse effect which gives higher rate than others, 25% and 38% respectively. On the contrary, cooking and standby consume just a tenth of energy with 5% for each, this low consumption affects the contribution to greenhouse effect as well which donate just 4% and 3% respectively.

It is also observed that around a fifth of the energy is used by lighting and refrigeration. Both just need energy accordingly at 11% and 12% and apparently do not give significant impact in producing greenhouse gases, as each produces them at 7%. On the other hand, for the remaining appliances, they require 24% of energy and constitute 16% of the total greenhouse effects.

Overall, it can be concluded that the amount of energy used by household is proportional to the contribution to greenhouse effect.