The pie chart below shows where energy is used in a typical Australian household and the table shows the amount of electricity used according to the number of occupants Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make compar

The pie chart below shows where energy is used in a typical Australian household, and the table shows the amount of electricity used according to the number of occupants.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

The pie chart illustrates the distribution of the energy used for daily purposes in an average australian household and the table gives information about how much electricity is used based on the number of inhabitants.

Overall, it is evidence that the energy usage rate in australian families is mainly for heating and cooling. In addition, the consumption of electricity inclines with a rise in the number of people.

The consumption rate of heating and cooling makes up the largest of all, with a figure being 38%. Similar changes, but to a lesser extent, can be seen in the figures for water heating which accounts for a quarter of total energy use. Conversely, the figure for other appliances only reaches 16% and 7% for each lighting and freezers, while cooking and standby power use negligible amounts, merely 4% and 3% relatively.

it is clear that the amount of electricity used per capita reduces as the number of people in the house increases. By the figures, a single-person household consumes 5000 to 6000 kWh per year, whereas a couple uses a bit higher, between 6000 to 8000 kWh annually. Similarly, but to a higher extent, families having 3 members consume 7500 to 10000 kWh in a year, and a household consisting of 6 or more members residing consumes between 12000 to 16000 kWh yearly.