Essay topics: The pie charts show the main reasons for migration to and from the UK in 2007. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.
The pie chart depicts the dominant causes for migration to and from the UK in 2007.
Overall, it can be seen that landing a definite job was the primary reason why people left the UK and non native folks moved to the UK.
Approximately a third (30%) of people established a top priority to exotic countries when it came for a specific job, whereas the figure for emigration was almost close to immigration at 29%. Interestingly, it (job) constituted the highest total of all other five purposes. Next, while looking for work resulted to 12% of people leaving the UK, there was as twice as many people (24%) entering the UK. About a quarter (26%) of people chose foreign nations for formal study, which was considerably higher than emigration at 4%.
Even though 'no reason stated', was the least net (6%) as regards immigration, emigration was three folds greater than immigration at 18%. Turning to 'other' the difference in the proportion was a little at 11% (immigration) and 14% (emigration). Likewise, 'accompany' began at 15% ( immigration) and 13% (emigration) respectively.
- Rich countries should allow jobs for skilled and knowledgeable employees who are from poor countries. Do you agree or disagree? (79.6667)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (87)
- Some people believe that children's success in adulthood is related to the way they have been raised by their parents. Do you agree or disagree?Give your own opinion and examples. (59.6667)
- Some people decide to start their own business instead of working for a company or organization.Do the advantages for people working for their own business outweigh the disadvantages?Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your (64.6667)
- space tourism will it bring positive or negative effects on the world's development.Give your own opinion.Use exmple based on your experience. (63)
- Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisement? What can be taken to protect them? (69.6667)
- In many countries, schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes of this?What solutions can you suggest? (89.5)
- Government should spend money on railways rather than roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (92)
- Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or working a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.Discuss both these views and give your o (83)
- TOPIC: In many countries, woman no longer feel the need to get married. Some people believe that this is because woman are able to earn their own income and therefore do not require the financial security that marriage can bring. To what extent do you agr (94.5)