The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The table illustrates how people have changed their means of transportation during a 15-year period, from 1985 to 2000.

In 1985, car was the dominant mode of travel, with each person travelling 3,199 miles per year by it, taking up over 60 percent of the total distance. Other types were far less used, and taxi was the least popular one as people only travelled on it 13 miles annually. In 2000, however, the figures underwent some changes. The most noticeable one is that the distance by taxi had tripled from 13 to 42. Meanwhile, some types such as long distance bus, train and other also slightly increased. There was, however, a fall in the number of miles travelled by walking, bicycle and local bus. The distance that people travelled by car dramatically grew by over 1500 miles, making it the most preferred one throughout the whole period.