Essay topics: The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise
the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
The table compares the clients' spending on three varieties of items in 5 European nations in 2002.
Overall, it can be seen that while the most favourite products were Food/Drinks/Tobacco among all nations, Leisure/Education was the least popular item for given 5 countries.
In terms of Food/Drinks/Tobacco, Turkey topped the list on expenditure with around a third (32.14%) of the total, followed by Ireland at 28.91%, slightly lower than the former. In contrast, the spending for the rest was below one-fifth (20%) like Italy (16.36%), Spain (18.80%) and Sweden (15.77%) respectively. Despite being in the 4th place for Food/Drinks/Tobacco, Italy ranked first regarding the Clothing/Footwear with 9%, whereas the expenditure ranged between 5% to 7% for the remaining.
When it comes to Leisure/Education, the spending was far lower than the discussed two items. Turkey again was the number one country in the spending at 4.35%, which was twice as many as Ireland at 2.21%. Interestingly, the figure between Italy and Sweden was almost identical (3.20% vs 3.22%), a negligible difference. And Spain was the one who spent slightest with 1.98%.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 months 1 day ago||drstonedescendants||56||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Lytran||11||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||Võ Ngân||73||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 week ago||Iryanti Wulandari||73||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||Hyacinthos||11||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||forsand007||11||Read full essay|
|4 years 8 months ago||mcb11||80||Read full essay|
|5 years 4 months ago||uday.narang||80||Read full essay|
|5 years 6 months ago||drjowelynt||80||Read full essay|
|5 years 6 months ago||xizon7777||80||Read full essay|
- Rich countries should allow jobs for skilled and knowledgeable employees who are from poor countries. Do you agree or disagree? (79.6667)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (87)
- Some people believe that children's success in adulthood is related to the way they have been raised by their parents. Do you agree or disagree?Give your own opinion and examples. (59.6667)
- Some people decide to start their own business instead of working for a company or organization.Do the advantages for people working for their own business outweigh the disadvantages?Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your (64.6667)
- space tourism will it bring positive or negative effects on the world's development.Give your own opinion.Use exmple based on your experience. (63)
- Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisement? What can be taken to protect them? (69.6667)
- In many countries, schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes of this?What solutions can you suggest? (89.5)
- Government should spend money on railways rather than roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (92)
- Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or working a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.Discuss both these views and give your o (83)
- TOPIC: In many countries, woman no longer feel the need to get married. Some people believe that this is because woman are able to earn their own income and therefore do not require the financial security that marriage can bring. To what extent do you agr (94.5)