The table below shows information and predictions regarding the change in percentage of the population aged 65 and above in three countries

The diagram compares the percentage of old residents in 3 countries in 1980, 2000 and gives a prediction for that in 2030. Overall, Germany always maintains its first rank, while Canada and the UK interchange the second and third position over the time frame.

To begin with, the number of elderly people in Germany increases at a constant rate of 5% after each time interval of 20 and 30 years. Indeed, from 15% in 1980, the figure climbed to 20% in 2000, following by a rise to 25% in 2030.

In addition, even though Canada and the UK both reached 15% in 2000, the former grew at a higher rate than the later since 1980, with a total increase of 5% compared to about 2% respectively. Canadian people are also predicted to get older faster than the UK population in 30-year time, with around 22% of the citizens are the elderly in 2030, roughly 3% higher than that of the UK.