The table shows forested land in millions of hectares in different parts of the world Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The table shows forested land in millions of hectares in different parts of the world.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

This table gives information about the acreage of forest land in 6 different continents in the year 1990, 2000 and 2005. Overall, there was a considerable increase in the forest area in Europe while the acreage of forest land decrease in the rest of the world.

Looking at the table in more detailed, Africa and South America witnessed a significant drop in the area of forest by 58 million hectares and 64 million hectares correspondingly between 1990 and 2005. The forested land decreased steadily by 1 million hectares in each period from 1990 to 2000 and 2000 to 2005 in Oceania. There was a marginal fall from 708 million hectares to 705 million hectares in the forest area in North America between 1990 to 2000 before keeping stable next 5 years. In contrast, the acreage of forested land in Europe saw a considerable growth from 989 million hectares in 1990 to 1001 million hectares in 2005.