WRITING TASK 1 You should spend about 20 minutes on this task The following two pie charts show the results of a survey into the popularity of various leisure activities among European adults in 1985 and 1995 Summarise the information by selecting and rep

WRITING TASK 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task
The following two pie charts show the results of a survey into the popularity of various leisure activities among European adults in 1985 and 1995.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.

Given are the two graphs concerning the prevalence of various leisure activities of European adults in two different periods, namely 1985 and 1995.
Overall, it is apparent from the information supplied that there was a new pastime of playing online games in 1995, another fascinating point is that most activities decreased in popularity after a decade.
Looking at the details, it can be clearly seen that watching television was the most widely enjoyed activity in both years, at approximately a third in 1985 and a slightly lower 30 percent in 1995. Nevertheless, the most striking alteration taking place during this time was that computer games became more prevalent. In 1985, not a single respondent to the survey rated playing games as a preferred pastime; however, by 1995, 27 percent of adults took up this activity, the second highest at that time. Also remaining popular in 1995 was having conversation with friends, with somewhere in the vicinity of a quarter.
In stark contrast, eating outsides – which was the second most favored in 1985 – slid away to 8 percent. Likewise, the same pattern can be seen for talking with family, other activities, and (as previously mentioned) watching TV.