Essay topics: 01/11/2017
Write a letter to an airline manager to find out about something you forgot on the plane during your travel. In your letter
– give details about your flight
– describe the item you forgot
– explain why it is important that you get it back
Dear Sir or Madame,
I am a loyal client of your airline for almost ten years by now and I am writing to ask you about a favor. On 29th October 2017, I flew from Moscow to New York by Airbus A320, flight number NG40R10 in the first class. My seat number was A10.
On this flight with me, I had a workstation Lenovo W540p with a 4K display. I was using it while I was flying. Unfortunately, I forgot my laptop in the cabin. The computer is black and has a sticker on the surface that states: “this machine kills fascists”. The workstation should be in a big read with white straps case that I used while traveling. So, I think you will identify it quickly.
I want you to return this piece of equipment because the retail price of such a laptop is about three and a half thousand dollars. Moreover, some sensitive data is stored in a hard drive of the computer that should not be lost or get into wrong hands. I hope that you can help me with this problem.
I am waiting for your prompt response.
- 08/11/2017You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel.Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.Say where you think you left the papers.Explain why they are so importantTel (77)
- 08/11/2017Some people think that if a country is already rich any addition in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own kn (79.5)
- 08/11/2017You recently noticed a local restaurant that was offering a part-time job.Write a letter to the restaurant's manager. In your letter,. explain that you would like to apply for the job. give some details of any relevant experience that you have. (79.5)
- 07.11.2017 A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and (76.5)
- 07/11/2017 Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (77)
- 07/11/2017A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and g (71.5)
- 05/11/2017Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? (79.5)
- 05.11.2017You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say– what was the item– why it was important that you get it immediately– what you suggest t (89.6667)
- 04/11/2017Your neighbours have a dog that is noisy at night. You can’t sleep. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:– describe the problem with the dog– explain why it is important for you to sleep– outline what your neighbours could d (80.5)
- 04/11/2017 Nowadays people usually retire at the age of 60 or 65, but some want to keep working as long as they can. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give you own opinion and relevant examples. (82)