Being a celebrity - such as famous film star or sports personality - brings problems as well as benefits. Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or more problems?

Almost every one, especially teenagers, dreams about being renowned and popular, because the public life of celebrities seems glamorous and desirable. Although many people say that there are as many drawbacks of being a celebrity as the benefits, I believe that the privileges of being famous outweigh its disadvantages.

On the one hand, there are numerous of advantages of being celebrity. One of the very obvious is becoming financially successful. Celebrities and other famous people are generally richer than the average individuals. Most of celebrities can afford extravagant houses, fancy sports cars and gorgeous clothes. Another advantage of being a celebrity is more opportunities. When people become famous, more opportunities arise in life. For example, someone like Michael Jordan made a living not only from playing basketball, but also from being a spokesman of Nike and other brands.

On the other hand, while those celebrities enjoy many privileges, they certainly share many inconveniences as well. First and foremost, they have no privacy. There are cameras everywhere they go, and sometimes it is difficult for them just to make a simple trip to the grocery store without being chased by the paparazzi. Moreover, being famous even threatens people’s safety and security. For instance, celebrities cannot move around freely like ordinary individuals. They are always surrounded by their personal security guards and often fear of getting attacked by some criminals or crazy fans.

In conclusion, there are many perks to being a celebrity, but I believe that it is worth to go through all those downs for attaining financial success and personal achievement.

it is worth it to go through all those downs
it is worth to go through all those downs