Some people believe that the personal happiness is directly related with the economic success. Others argue that the happiness depends on completely other factors. Discuss both of the views and give your own opinion.

Different people have different feeling and answers on defining happiness because it means something different to each individual person. Nowadays, it is quite often to hear people said the more money you have the happier you are. However, those opponents argue that their personal happiness derives from other external factors.

On one side of the debate there are people who believe money can solve many issues of daily life, which makes lives easier. To begin with, people need money to cover their basic expenses: food and shelter. If those necessaries, however, cannot be fulfilled, problems like hunger and no place to live certainly bring unhappiness and misery into one’s life. When people’s basic needs are taken care of, they generally are happier. Unquestionably, happiness comes from reducing stress in an individual’s life. With money stress is pretty much nonexistent and that person tends to be happier than someone who with low income.

On the other hand of view, an overwhelming number of people contend that family and friends are other components of being happy besides money. For instance, if they receive support of family and friends when they are unhappy, or when they are able to talk about their personal problems openly and feel understand by their family and friends, people will definitely be more positive and happier Therefore, a close relationship with friend and family is critical for happiness, and that material possession including being wealthy, owing a fancy sports car and living in an extravagant house do not provide the same level of contentment.

In conclusion, happiness is difficult to define because each individual has their own perspectives about it. I believe people need not only a certain amount of money to be happy, but also their friends and family.

I believe people not only need a certain amount of money to be happy, but also their friends and family.
I believe people need not only a certain amount of money to be happy, but also their friends and family.