In some countries, young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

Nowadays, it is a common phenomenon for many high school graduates take one year off before entering university studies. Some students use this gap year to travel to other cities ore countries, other group of students prefer to work and become economically independent for this period of time. The main purpose of this time is to refreshing and gain some hands-on experience, which enables young people to learn more about themselves and the world. In this essay, I am going to discuss both the pros and cons.

The benefits of taking one year break are plentiful. The most obvious one is traveling around the world offers an opportunity to broaden their horizons so they can learn about different countries and cultures. Besides of this, young travelers can meet different type of people during the tip and which enables them to build a wider network and a adaptable skill and potentially improve their foreign language skills. This experience can be a huge advantage for their future studies and careers.Moreover, a gap year can aid young generation in becoming more independent on their finance. For example, nowadays higher education is very costly and some parents cannot afford the cost. A gap year allows them to earn extra money to fund their further studies, which eases burden off their parents.

However, there are also dangers involved in taking such a long time off. The main drawback is that students might find it difficult to re-adapt to academic environment again. As a result, their lose interest in returning to their studies. Additionally, students could be deceived by the money they earn. As they are economically independent, some of them may think university education is not really necessarily for them and it is better to continue their job.

In conclusion, it is clear that taking a gap year has both advantages and disadvantages. Young student should consider their decisions carefully before taking a year off, as time is so precious for them.

The main purpose of this time is to refreshing and gain some hands-on experience
The main purpose of this time is to refresh and gain some hands-on experience

The most obvious one is traveling around the world offers an opportunity
The most obvious one is that traveling around the world offers an opportunity

there are also dangers involved in taking such a long time off.
there are also dangers which involved in taking such a long time off.
there are also dangers involving in taking such a long time off.