Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

In recent time, there has been a boom in television due to increasing popularity on entertainment sector. As a result, a household which does not possess a television set is rare occurrence. Some people believe that its influence has mostly been positive, I, however, am in a consummate discord with the ideology of positive television effects on friend and family bond.

To begin, the increasing of television programs has shifted children and teenagers’ attention from their friends, more and more children and teenagers tend to watch television instead of playing together due to the appeal of television programs. Nowadays, media companies are competing in presenting interesting programs in order to attract a wider audience. Thus, each children and teenager is likely to watch his own program and keep track of the latest television show. This means spending time together and communication with each other are diterred by television programs.

Besides the impact of television on friends, it also inflict damage on life, particularly in family. Family members should communicate more one another. However, in most modern households, a family possesses more than one television set, one in every bedroom. This causes social problems, that is, families conversation suffers a slow death, people living under the same roof become perfect strangers to each other. Television programs, therefore, have an significant role in interaction among family members.

To conclude, I believe that televisions have the capacity to drive friends apart, it further compounds communication among both friends and family. Hence, individuals should use televisions wisely and make the use of this tool so as not to destroy their interactions.

is rare occurrence
is a rare occurrence

the increasing of television programs has shifted children and teenagers’ attention from their friends, more and more children and teenagers tend to watch television
the increasing of television programs has shifted children and teenagers’ attention from their friends, and more and more children and teenagers tend to watch television

it also inflict damage on life,
it also inflicts damages on life,

Sentence: Thus, each children and teenager is likely to watch his own program and keep track of the latest television show.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to each and children

Sentence: This means spending time together and communication with each other are diterred by television programs.
Error: diterred Suggestion: deterred

-----------------------