Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.
To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Celebrities are generally extensively covered by media. Some people believe that attention and craze towards them will not effect children. However, in my view as younger follow celebrities therefore will have an effect on them.

Generally young ones make celebrities as their icon and idolizes them. They follow there behavior and actions. If celebrities do not behave responsibly they can set a wrong example for youth. For instance, recently Paris Hilton was caught with drugs and alcohol and was fined for rash driving. However, some good qualities can also be learned from them.

In addition to that, with more and more reality TV shows people are expect to become a star overnight .They don not believe in putting efforts in studies but want to become rich and famous quickly. This type of thinking among youngsters to get quick success could be dangerous for society as a whole.

Another area, where children may get effected are lifestyle of showbiz people. With online presence on Twitter, Facebook etc celebrities are followed 24 X 7.Every information from what they eat, drink ,wear, whom they are dating are available on few clicks. As youngsters aspires to become like them , they can follow a wrong path to get it and may get involved in crime. Also, in order to look like them , they may start dieting and impact their health.

To sum up, children are future of nation. With media covering more and more news about celebrities children are bound to watch them and follow them. Therefore, onus is on parents to teach their children responsible behavior so that negative impact can be minimized.

will not effect children.
will not affect children.

They follow there behavior and actions.
They follow their behavior and actions.

people are expect to become a star overnight .
people are expected to become a star overnight .

as younger follow celebrities therefore will have an effect on them.
as younger follows celebrities therefore it will have an effect on them.

Another area, where children may get effected are lifestyle of showbiz people.
Another area... is the lifestyle of showbiz people.

As youngsters aspires to become like them
As youngsters aspire to become like them