News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper.what factors do you think influences this decision? Do we become influenced to bad news, and would it be better if more good news was reported?

Media and press are the two vital factors which decide the fate of every nation. As a result, every politician has his/her own television channel and news paper to structure the news in favor of his/her party. Although, people are aware of the authenticity of the news published, press freedom should not be taken as granted.

Notably, there are few factors which influences media. Firstly, like every other sector, media is commercially driven. We have dozens of newspapers in the market and sometimes to get the competitive edge, they have a necessity to publish sensational news, even though, it is irrelevant or negative information. Secondly, editors themselves want to be ahead of their peers. They know the pulse of their audience/readers and they study the current trend which is negative reporting. especially, with these knowledge, writers play to the gallery always.

Admittedly, people are so used to negative news that they cannot resist hearing them on a regular basis. However, I would argue that, it will be more advantageous if the newspaper and media are informative. To illustrate, we have an editorial section in local newspaper "The Hindu", which reflects the current happening in the country. Moreover, it is helpful for linguists to hone their communication skill since it is written by experts. Further, another local newspaper "Thina Thanthi" features old question papers for high school exams which is really a game-changer.

Above all, in my opinion, people are ready to embrace positive and informative news as much as they enjoy negative news. It is high time that editors should change this trend and help people to start the day on a positive note viewing/reading news that are upbeat and optimistic

there are few factors which influences media.
there are few factors which influence media.

which is negative reporting
which is a negative reporting
which is negative in reporting

No. of Words: 285 350 //put one more paragraph to get higher marks.
---------------------------