As the number of private cars has increased, so too has the level of pollution in many cities. What can be done to tackle this increasingly common problem?

Many people are riding their vehicles on the street, which causing the increase level of pollution in many areas. Even though citizens have their own reasons to drive cars, it is true that those activities causing the environmental hazards. The increase level of pollution could be solved by both government and individuals.

While the government could introduce a several policies to encourage citizens to use more of public transports by imposing taxes, individuals can protect environment by use of bicycle for the short distance.

The government could use a short term strategy, which could impose taxes on petrol prices and the introduction of the capital gain taxes. If the government imposes taxes on, then most of people would decrease the usage of their private cars for the short term. By imposing taxes will discourage people to use their own cars and will encourage people to use public transportations.

The government could put more of transportation for public to use and the usage of energy friendly gases. By using of the energy friendly cars, the cities would develop into the pollution-free areas. An increase of the frequency of public transports would encourage citizens to use more of these systems. For instance, the British government uses the system where it restricts the amount of private vehicles in the cities during the rush hours.

The government could use several methods to discourage citizens to use of private cars. Thus, this restricts the private vehicles around the cities during that time. Therefore, both government and citizens should co-operate each other to solve the pollution issue.

Many people are riding their vehicles on the street, which causing the increase level of pollution
Many people are riding their vehicles on the street, which is causing the increase level of pollution
Many people are riding their vehicles on the street causing the increase level of pollution

those activities causing the environmental hazards.
those activities are causing the environmental hazards.

By imposing taxes will discourage people
By imposing taxes it will discourage people
imposing taxes will discourage people

No. of Words: 261 350 //More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…

-------------------------------------