The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, traffic in cities mainly in urban areas are increasing. Some people think the way to reduce this increasing traffic is by emphasizing in reduction of need to travel for work, education as well as shopping. However,I do not agree this statement. In this essay, I will discuss ideas to explain my view point.

It is true that increasing traffic has many causes but the idea of not letting people to move for work, education and shopping would be out of point for me. Firstly, there is always routine time for travelling for education and work. If a person works in an ofiice say bank or any institution, he/she travels in a regular schedule commonly 9am in the morning and 4 to 5pm in the evening. Same is for students. They move to their classes on a regular routine as per institution's rule. This does not guarantee traffic jams in other times besides their travel time. Travelling for shopping also doesnt necessarily increase traffics.

Secondly, it is the unplanned congested roads that make traffic increase. Roads that have narrow lane cannot withstand the increasing number of public or private vechiles and often seem congested. If roads are planned with separate lane for buses, cars, bicycles, motorbikes and even for walking, traffic jam is unlikely to happen.In my experience, 10 years ago, my town Biratnagar had very congested traffic. There were small roads with no separate lanes and every means of vechile: public or private, used to travel and create jam for even walkers. For instance, having 4 lanes roads has been easier for people to travel.

Another point, unreliable traffic policies are also the main reason for increasing traffic . Policies that fail to accomodate traffic pressure even with planned roads impose traffic jams. If there is no traffic policy of managing traffic according to time, mainly when the traffic is at peak like morning and evening hours, then it fails to reduce traffic numbers. For example, in our country 9am to 10am and 4pm to 5pm is the peak time for congestion. During these times, there are usually more traffic polices allocated than other times to overcome the pressure. So, this doesnt signify the need to reduce travelling for different purposes.

To sum up, traffic these days are increasing, and there are many ways to reduce them like allocating more traffic police for busy times, making reliable policies and planning lanes in busy areas. Although many people have view to reduce travelling as a way to reduce traffic, I would not agree as traffic jam is not necessarily the result of more travelling.

It is true that increasing traffic has many causes
It is true that an increasing traffic has many causes

Sentence: If a person works in an ofiice say bank or any institution, he/she travels in a regular schedule commonly 9am in the morning and 4 to 5pm in the evening.
Error: ofiice Suggestion: office

Sentence: Roads that have narrow lane cannot withstand the increasing number of public or private vechiles and often seem congested.
Error: vechiles Suggestion: vehicles

Sentence: There were small roads with no separate lanes and every means of vechile: public or private, used to travel and create jam for even walkers.
Error: vechile Suggestion: vehicle

Sentence: Policies that fail to accomodate traffic pressure even with planned roads impose traffic jams.
Error: accomodate Suggestion: accommodate