By punishing murderer with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderer. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.

By punishing murderer with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderer.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.

There is a sparking debate on an issue whether death penalty or life imprisonment is better punishment for murderer. I strongly believe that latter view is the better option for several reasons which shall be discussed in the following paragraphs.

Firstly, the motive of murder should be taken into consideration before punishing anyone. For example, murdering for self protection and murdering for profit is never the same thing. If death penalty is given to the person who murders someone for his/her self protection, the punishment of death penalty comes out be murder itself.

Second important thing is sometimes people are wrongly accused of murder. In such case, imposing death penalty to them will be the grave mistake committed by the society. If there is an punishment of life imprisonment, it could be possible that they would be free from the guilt later.

If we look at the statistics of the crime, we can find that most of the murder case is due to the unemployment and poverty and I believe that government is somewhat responsible for them. For instance, if government provides all the basic amenities and enough employment to the people, the rate of murder will drop down dramatically. Therefore, by just giving death penalty would not result in less crime in the society.

Moreover, the nation will not get any advantages if the criminals are given capital punishment. In contrast, criminals could be allowed to engage in several community works resulting in benefits to both the prisoner and society.

In conclusion, I strongly advocate the view that life imprisonment is far better than death penalty for the punishment of murderer due to the reasons mentioned above.

Second important thing is sometimes people are wrongly accused of murder.
Second important thing is that sometimes people are wrongly accused of murder.

Don't put one or two sentences as one paragraph.