In some parts of the world it is becoming popular to research the history of one's own family. Why might people want to do this? Is it a positive or negative development?

A Family is one of the natural masterpieces and an essential cell of every society. Genealogy reflects lifestyle of our ancestors and group belonging. The main idea of these researches is providing people with curiosity facts about their social origin. Some skeptics consider this activity as waste of time, but the advocates recon, that it can change an attitude towards your life.

History helps to build bridges between ancient and present times, moreover this is a cognitive activity. There are a rich variety of reasons for searching for family roots. Some people are interested in this pastime out of curiosity, and this is their hobby. Perhaps, they secretly hope that they have famous or wealthy ancestors. Moreover, making investigations allows to spend quality time with family members and to educate children. For the others, this occupation is walk of life. Surfing the Internet, users may stumble on an irritating advertisement that offer their service to find long-lost or distant relatives. From my point of view, such agencies present people lost chance on reunification. Also, there are many rich people who find an eminent forefather to raise their social status among high society.

In addition, one more positive aspect of history is broadening outlook, because looking for information makes a brain promote logical thinking and other mental skills.

In a nutshell, the modern world has gotten stuck in material values and forgotten about true sense of existence, in my opinion doing such discoveries would help people to be closer and on the same wave.

No. of Words: 253 350 //the third paragraph is too short