Today's highest sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Advertising takes a great role in promoting a product, specifically consumer goods. I personally agree with this statement. However, people that tend to buy or consume a product are not only influenced by its popularity in its promotion, but also its functionality to the society.

Advertising itself helps a product to be recognized vastly and quickly by society. It is reflected by the fact that the more a product is advertised, the higher its sales. Hence, almost all companies spend more than a half of the product's cost to advertising. Undoubtedly, it happens because people need to know what products are being sold in the market, and most companies realize this means would boost their sales. By having known the products are being sold in the market, then people would be tempted to try the product and will increase the number of a product to be bought.

However, advertisement alone is not enough to make a product to be bought highly. People who are likely to buy a product mostly will buy a product also depends on their needs. In order to fulfill people needs, it is clearly unarguable that a product must support people needs by its functions. People would be more satisfied to a product if the product gives high suitability and quality to the consumer. By this means, the product has been successfully promoting itself as well, because the consumer will be the unpaid-advertiser.

To sum up, advertising without proper or unsatisfied functionality would not highly maximize its sales, as does high suitability and quality product without having advertised would not give a great result in the sales. In order to maximize the sales of a product or consumer goods, a product should be promoted properly and also have a great functionality to people's needs.

people that tend to buy or consume a product are not only influenced by its popularity in its promotion, but also its functionality to the society.
people who tend to buy or consume a product are influenced not only by its popularity in its promotion, but also by its functionality to the society.

Sentence: To sum up, advertising without proper or unsatisfied functionality would not highly maximize its sales, as does high suitability and quality product without having advertised would not give a great result in the sales.
Description: A verb 'to do', present tense, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to does and high