How this Graduate Degree can help you achieve your career goals

How this Graduate Degree can help you achieve your career goals?

Describe your greatest achievement
It is my honor to be writing this statement of intent to express my avid interest in the MBA program, along with my professional and educational background, as well as my inspirations and future goals.
To begin with, since my early childhood, I have been exposed to two of the most important self-made business people in my life, my parents. Being brought up by such business-minded parents and witnessing their success in both career and life has predisposed me to follow passionately in their footsteps.
I completed my university education in civil Engineering after spending an experimental period in my father's construction projects and a three-month internship in a massive building so that with the academic knowledge I gain in this domain, I can follow my career path more professionally and stand out among experts. I never stopped enhancing the qualifications needed for the workplace. During university, despite the heavy workload, I would eagerly attend various extracurricular courses, seminars, and workshops. The ones that would pique my interest centered on the subjects such as business management, business law, basic accounting, project management, foreign languages, and digital marketing. What I truly desired was to be trained as a leader in property management and development, and also to gain management expertise in my father's real estate agencies, both academically and professionally. I even took part in an online MBA course during the pandemic, to fortify my business insights. This course was beneficial to become acquainted with self-study resources and basic academic knowledge in MBA, which introduced me to some essential skills like strategic thinking and creative problem-solving.
Besides, I attended an international course (TESOL Canada) to hone my language and training skills. Aside from concentrating on English, it was extremely beneficial, particularly in terms of improving communication skills, analytical thinking, and the ability to work collaboratively.
I truly believe that this graduate program in business administration offered by the University of Alberta can be a game changer in terms of my future needs. Based on my research, this vigorous program is equipped with today’s business knowledge and sought-after skills to take my career to a higher level. It is obvious that the core curriculum has been organized in a way that makes alumni valuable assets to their company. They could even take on the challenge of starting their own business from the scratch after graduation.
My long-term goal is to start my own company in real estate, with the most hands-on knowledge and experience gained through this program. Furthermore, as CEO, I plan on starting an apartment development company in my hometown. Therefore, proposed courses like Principles of Marketing Management (MARK 502) which focuses on pragmatic skills in marketing effectiveness will definitely be a great opportunity to develop my marketing skills. The Leadership skill course (SEM 652) can also play a leading role in my future success as it improves students' understanding of leadership in broadening competencies like mentoring, delegating, problem-solving, and team building. These are exactly the needed skills that could make a huge difference in my career prospects. In addition, four electives in which their areas of focus revolve around the Real Estate Stream are my leading inspiration for applying; especially the Real Estate Development course – BUEC 457/613, since one of my future goals as mentioned before, is to be a renowned property developer and to continue my father's legacy.
What motivates and inspires you?
I decided to pursue my graduate education in Canada due to its superiority in the educational system. Canadian universities have a global reputation for providing students with the highest quality of education and interdisciplinary studies. After comparing plenty of universities’ curricula, I came to realize that the main focus of the Business School of the University of Alberta has been channeled into today’s problems in the business world. In addition to that, it has four distinct departments concentrating on different aspects of business education. Among them, the Department of Marketing, Business Economics, and Law (MBEL) arrests my interest the most, since the Real Estate Studies and City Building, under the leadership of Professor David Dale-Johnson, fall in the realm of this department and it fits perfectly with my plans and passions.
I came to the conclusion to apply for the MBA program because of mentioned factors, in conjunction with the lack of specialized programs and full-fledged professors in the field of real estate in my country. The practical knowledge acquired through this course will give me an edge in terms of keeping abreast of a solid understanding of business and the skills that are in demand to further my career.
To sum up, admission to this MBA program will undoubtedly open doors to a world of endless opportunities, especially in connection with real estate brokerage. In my case, the experience of studying abroad and being awarded a master's degree from a prestigious university, like the University of Alberta which is ranked among the top 5 in Canada, undoubtedly will go a long way toward my future career prospects in my country. The chance of studying in a multicultural environment not only gives me the possibility to get to know different points of view, but also to increase the flexibility needed for the management profession.