As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual well-being.What factors contribute to job satisfaction?How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual well-being.
What factors contribute to job satisfaction?
How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

These days, it is a common for adult people spending major of life at workplace and pursuing job satisfaction as a key of individual welfare. It raised the question about what is the job satisfaction’s indicator and how much is realistic to expectation for every worker. To my way of thinking, salary is the most influence factor of job satisfaction; however, getting high salary is not smooth as people’s expectation.

Many people assume that salary is the kind of appreciation. One reason for this is that salary is always associated to the job position. Manager in bank; for example, one of the top level position in bank which has higher paid than common staff such as tellers and costumer care staffs. Furthermore, money becomes an additional bonus when employees reach the company target or they work in overtime. Hence, there is a widespread belief that having high wage means having high level status of work; in addition, it is a pride for a lot of people.

Apart from those reasons, we could not ignore that there is tight competition in work environment. People compete with each other to reach the dream position and consequently, a friend could be possible to become a dangerous rival in this situation. Not only that, but also some people are willing to take extra assignments and work intensively even though there is no ensure to get promotion to what they do. Research carried out by statistics center in California shows that the plenty of people today spend their weekend in the work office than in the home. Thereby, many people lost their precious time with family members, friends and neighbors.

In a word, salary could be interpreted as a key element of satisfaction for some workers; nevertheless, it is not easy to get good salary in the reality and it also might cause any social problems owing to high competition.

one of the top level position in bank
one of the top level positions in bank

there is tight competition
there is a tight competition

there is no ensure to get promotion
Definitions of 'ensure'
verb
make certain that (something) shall occur or be the case.
the client must ensure that accurate records be kept
synonyms: make sure, make certain, see to it, check, confirm, establish, verify