People are surrounded by advertising which has an increasing effect on our lives Do you think the positive effects of this outweigh the negative effects

People are surrounded by advertising, which has an increasing effect on our lives. Do you think the positive effects of this outweigh the negative effects?

It is true that the impacts of adverts on our lives is increasingly significant. While I recognise some drawbacks of advertisements, I would argue that they are likely to have a beneficial impact.
Advertising has some detrimental influences on our lives. It is true that promotion and commercial videos can beget various troubles for the consumers. The reason is that a number of enterprises use advertising techniques to create adverts containing deceptive information about their merchandise to manipulate their customers into purchasing these products. Therefore, we are bombarded with unreliable advertisements on a regular basis and they may become a nuisance for the users of these items. Furthermore, commercials can partly contributes to promoting goods which are harmful to our health. For instance, it is quite easy for us to come across advertisements about cigarettes when we watch television or go for a walk on the streets.
However, I would argue that these drawbacks are outweighed by the benefits. Firstly, advertising is an indispensable part of modern business. It helps us keep informed with all commodities on the market especially the latest realeased products so we can gain a deeper insight into what we are going to buy. From an economic perspective, it is a good way for enterprises to disseminate the information about their items. It is true that a host of high – profile commercial conglomerates make use of the far – reaching influences of advertising to get exposed to their prospective customers. Moreover, advertising also contributes to the domestic vigorous economic growth and resolving unemployed issues in our society. This is due to the fact that it is a multibillion dollar industry which offers a range of job opportunities for the general public and create a huge of income for the national economy.
In conclusion, it seems to me that the potential benefits of advertising are more significant than the possible harm.