The personal information of many individuals is held by large internet companies and organisations Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages

The personal information of many individuals is held by large internet companies and organisations.
Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

As the time goes on, there are growing concert about the misuse of the private information by the top internet companies such as Google and Facebook. In my perspective, the disadvantage is much outweigh than the benefit.
First of all, the more personal information these large internet companies hold, the more risk that we have. For example, in 2016 that Facebook is hacked by a hacker therefore, more than a million personal information was exposed. Thus, that expose a fact that these large companies doesn’t have a well protection to our information, so why we continue to give them information.

On the other hand, the advent of the information collection is beneficial to us in some certain way. For instance, when I was choosing the dishes for the lunch, the app will automatically pop up some choices for me according to my flavour and my previous order record. Meanwhile, when the more real data that those scientist use, the more accuracy that the result is. So that is increasing the rate of a new technology be created. The reason why is that all the experiments have a certain data in order to have a better result.