Essay topics: In some part of the world it is becoming popular to research the history of one's own family. Why might people want to do this? Is it a negative or positive development?
In several countries, many people are increasingly conducting research regarding the origins of their own family. There are a number of reasons why this trend happens, and in my opinion I believe that this is a negative tendency.
To begin with, there are some reasons why individuals interested in discovering their family's history. The first reason is that these people is just curious about who their ancertors were and what role they played in society. For example, it night be interesting to find out that one's great-grandfather was once a member of royal family. This kind of information can make people more proud of their origins. Additionally, many people researched about their family's history as this activity can serve medical purposes. For instance, they would be aware of any diseases that they inherit from their relatives.
However, I would argue that this tendency is negative because of some reasons. Firstly, as this trend does not bring about significant benefits apart from those related to health care, it can be considered a waste time and money, especially for young individuals. In my opinion, it would be better for them to concentrate on their resources on more prominant things like cultivate their soft skills or enhance knowledge in particular field. Secondly, the information on the history of one'family may have adverse effects on their attitude in life. To illustrate, a person with a noble origin may become arrogant, while someone who is a descendant of a criminal might be ashamed and lose his confidence.
In conclusion, reaching one's own origins is becoming more common in society and i firmly argue that it is a negative development
- SOme students prefer to take a gap year between high school and university, to work or to travel. Do the advantages of this outweigh this disadvantages? (84)
- Schools should concentrate on teaching students the academic subjects that will be useful for their future careers. Subjects such as music and sports are not useful. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)
- The line graph below gives information on cinema attendance in the UK. (89)
- In some part of the world it is becoming popular to research the history of one's own family. Why might people want to do this? Is it a negative or positive development? (90)
- Throughout the history, people dream to build a perfect society while they haven't agreed how the ideal society would be like. What is the most important element you think to make a perfect society? How do people do to achieving an ideal society？ (67)
- Throughout the history, people dream to build a perfect society while they haven't agreed how the ideal society would be like. What is the most important element you think to make a perfect society? How do people do to achieving an ideal society？ (80)
- Some people think that zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However,other people think that zoos are useful to protect the rare animals. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (84)
- The government should control the amount of violence in films and on elevision in order to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this issue? (67)
- Some people think that job satisfaction is more important than job security. Others think that people cannot expect to enjoy a job and having a permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion (84)
- With the development of technology and science, some people believe that there is no great value of artists such as musicians and painters. What are the things artists can do but the scientist cannot? Why should we encourage the art area? (84)