Essay topics: Some people think that cars should be banned in big city centres. Do you agree or disagree?
Some people say that governments should introduce a law to prohibit cars in metropolises. In my opinion, I completely agree with this for two main reasons. First, the restriction towards cars would lessen the negative impact on the environment and second, it contributes to road safety.
Cars are commonly known as machines including a dozen of different technologies, moving wheels and gears. In order to power them, fuels such as petroleum and diesel are of necessity, ensuring cars’ function. However, this accordingly poses a problem to the environment because of the constant amount of toxic gases released into the atmosphere, which not only worsens the air quality but it also contributes to such environmental problems as global warming. Thus, the ban on cars would improve this situation because the fewer cars hit the streets, the lesser the number of toxic gases will be released into the atmosphere.
Apart from the reason expressed above, the effect of banning cars is also beneficial to road safety because of the reduced accidents on the streets. In many developed city centres nowadays, the usage of cars among citizens is becoming evident. For example, cars in Ho Chi Minh city often account for 80% of all vehicles. This, however, increases the rate of many heart-wrenching accidents occurred to unfortunate drivers and pedestrians because people are more likely to face the risk of dangers when heading off the streets. Therefore, the restriction on cars would prevent this probability from happening in the first place, and people would no longer concern the threat of fatal accidents.
In conclusion, the opinion about whether cars should be prohibited in big centres or not is different among people’s perspective. I think that it would improve the environment and reduce the risk of accidents.
- Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? (67)
- Shops in the countryside are fewer and fewer, so people tend to go to stores in the towns and cities, and then lead to their inconvenient life. Car use also causes pollution. Is this phenomenon more harmful than the end? (73)
- Nowadays, animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favour of (56)
- In many parts of the world girls and boys are educated together in co-educational or mixed schools. Some people think that girls and boys benefit from being educated separately in single-sex schools. To what extent do you agree with this view? (73)
- Immigration has a major impact on society. What are the main reasons for immigration? To what consequences can it lead? (78)
- The availability of entertainment such as video games on handheld devices is harmful to individuals and to the society they live in. To what extent you agree or disagree? (84)
- In some countries, the difference in age between parents and children is generally greater than it was in the past. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- Some people think that cars should be banned in big city centres. Do you agree or disagree? (67)
- Some people say the government should spend money on providing faster public transport while others believe the government should give priority to other factors such as cost and the effect on the environment. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? (78)
- Some people today believe that the world's population is unsustainable and will eventually lead to a global crisis. Other people believe that the world population increase is necessary and beneficial as it creates the growth of the world's econo (73)