Some people think that men and women have different qualities Therefore some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is true that some people still believe that men and women are born with different qualities which determine what jobs are open to them. While there were strong arguments to justify this view in the past, I completely disagree that it should apply to the world of work today

On the one hand, it used to be thought that men and women have some distinct characteristics which affect the range of jobs open to them and which traditionally affect their choice of career. In terms of physical strength, when most work was still performed manually, it was argued that women were simply not strong enough to work on construction sites or drive heavy trucks. They were also believed to be unsuited to dangerous jobs, so few women entered the army. In terms of traditional stereotypes, women were considered to be more caring and sensitive than men, so they tended to enter professions such as nursing or the care of children and the elderly.

On the other hand, the workplace has changed dramatically, and I believe that there is no room for outdated attitudes towards the capabilities of men and women. Men and women should enjoy equal opportunities in all careers. Firstly, changes in education have given women the same chance to gain qualifications as men. If they work hard, they deserve the opportunity to reach the top in their chosen field. Secondly, a more modern outlook has broken the traditional barriers, which effectively prevented men and women from doing certain jobs in the past: construction workers, truck drivers or soldiers in the case of women; nursing, cooking and cleaning jobs in the case of men.

In conclusion, I would argue that there is no room today for sex discrimination at work – either against women or against men.