Essay topics: Some people think that teach people should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place of learn this.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Numerous people perceive that teaching the youngster how to be an ideal member of society is mainly parent responsibility, but others argue that the educational institution is the place where the children should be educated about it. This essay will address basic social skills as family responsibility to educate young people and a mandatory subject in the school as part of the school responsible owing to how to be a good member of the community.
Family is the first school for the child. this means that the youngster learns the basic knowledge for a living is from a family member. Parents have the responsibility to train their children regarding social insight requiring for the living in the community. Attitude and good behavior, for instance, supposed to be taught in the family rather than in the school. Because, if this knowledge is educated in school, that would be late as a youngster starts to attend school mostly at 6 years old, whereas social knowledge should be accustomed since the children in the early age.
On the other hand, school is responsible to train children how to be a better member of society due to the fact that the main purpose of the school is to educate people. Every level of school in Indonesia, for example, has an attitude subject which is a mandatory subject. The student is educated on how to be a better person, how to speak politely and how to interact with the people who are younger, have similar age and to the older people. Moreover, school is believed as an ideal place to train children about this subject because most of the children spent more time in school rather than at home. Consequently, the teachers have sufficient time to train the children compare to the parents.
To conclude, I believe that both parent and school have similar responsibility in term of teaching the young people how to become a well-mannered in the community, but the parent should start educating the young people about manner since an early age.
- Some People believe that to be successful at a sport you need a natural ability and others think that hard work and practice can make you successful. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (89)
- Schools should not force children to learn a foreign language. To what extent do you agree with this statement? (61)
- The chart shows the percentage of car manufacturer's total car sales in different regions from 2006 to 2010. (73)
- Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the governmentsrather than private companies. Do you agree or disagree? (73)
- Some people think that there should be some strict controls about noise. Others think that they could just make as much noise as they want. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- The world has seen an enormous increase in flights for leisure, business, and commercial purposes around the world over recent years. What do you think are the main advantages and disadvantages of such flights?Do you think flights should be taxed more? (61)
- More and more people are suffering from health problems caused by a modern lifestyle which can not be treated with modern medicines. Some people think that a return to traditional medicine should be encouraged. To what extent do you agree?. (73)
- The graphs below show information about citizenship in the UK. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (78)
- Some people get into debt by buying things they don’t need and can’t afford. What are the reasons for this behaviour? What action can be taken to prevent people from having this problem? (73)
- The graphs below show information about electronic games in South Korea in 2003. (84)