Essay topics: Some people think that zoos are all cruel and should be closed down. Others however believe that zoos can be useful in protecting wild animals.
Discuss both opinions and give your own opinion.
There have been opposing views regarding the role of zoos. While some people criticize these facilities as a cruel treatment towards animals and call for the eradication of such settings, others consider zoos as helpful in wildlife protection. This essay will analyze both views and present my personal opinion.
On one hand, zoos are deemed cruel and unworthy of being sustained for several reasons. Forefront among these is the notion of unfairly removing animals from their natural habitats. Caged in confined spaces often associates with a sedentary lifestyle, which goes against the natural instincts of highly active animals such as horses or pumas. These creatures may suffer from not only declined physical health but also mental illnesses as a result. Human abuse of zoo animals also factors in zoos being boycotted. For instance, some zoos in Vietnam have been lambasted and closed down for mistreating animals, beating them into submission or leaving them malnourished due to insufficient food supplies.
On the other hand, there are compelling reasons in support of the necessity of having zoos. To begin with, these facilities shelter endangered animals from influences that can hurt their already dwindling population. These threats may come from natural events such as forest fires, the appearance of a superior predator or human-caused changes such as deforestation and poaching. What is more, zoos can bridge a connection between wildlife and people. Revenues gained from public visits to these facilities can be utilized for a range of purposes such as improving the quality of the captive environment or funding research into breeding programs.
Taking both sets of arguments into consideration, I take the view that zoos play an important role in animal conservation as long as they are regularly checke to minimize mismanagement.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 day 59 min ago||Ngoc Khanh Ong||78||Read full essay|
|3 days 16 hours ago||tran ngoc lam||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||vudinhthuyornot36464||61||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||ha tran thi thu||84||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 16 hours ago||AnCourses||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 6 hours ago||linh.king||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 21 hours ago||quan quan||84||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 days ago||tran ngoc lam||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||Johnysingg||67||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||quynhan1995||78||Read full essay|
- The charts below show the results of a questionnaire that asked visitors to the Parkway Hotel how they rated the hotel's customer service. The same questionnaire was given to 100 guests in the years 2005 and 2010. (78)
- The table below shows the expenditures of four car companies in the UK in 2002. (78)
- The charts below show the percentage of volunteers by organisations in 2008 and 2014. (84)
- the table below shows the expenditures of four car companies in the UK in 2002. (78)
- The table below shows expenditures of four car companies in the UK in 2002 (78)
- The table below shows expenditures of four car companies on advertising in the UK in 2002.Write at least 150 words. (67)
- The table below shows expenditures of four car companies on advertising in the UK in 2002. (78)
- The table below shows expenditures of four companies on advertising in the UK in 2002 (73)
- The plans below show a student room for two people and a student room for one person at an Australian university. (56)
- The plans below show a student room for two students and a student room for one student at an Australian university. (73)