WRITING TASK 2 You should spend about 40 minutes on this task Write about the following topic With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be Discuss the causes

WRITING TASK 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
With divorce rates and family breakdowns increasing globally, it is generally accepted that families today are not as close as they used to be.
Discuss the causes of this problem and offer some possible solutions to it.
Write at least 250 words.

Over the past fifty years, there has been a vast increase in the rates of divorce as well as family breakdowns, which allude to a widening distance between family members. In the following essay, I will elucidate the justifications for this phenomenon, followed by some feasible solutions.
First and foremost, it is an irrefutable fact that in this technological era, financial constraints have forced a majority of parents to work harder so as to make ends meet. In earlier times, it was common to see one person assumed to be the breadwinner of the entire family, whereas the other – typically the mother – acted as a homemaker. In today’s society, on the other hand, both parents are always so snowed under with work that they hardly have time to spend on family gatherings. As a result, children growing up in these families usually have difficulty expressing their feelings to the parents, resulting in a misunderstanding among family members. Another contributing reason is that the prevalence of social media has alienated members, especially children, from having conversations with one another.
In order to stem the tide of family gap, it is first necessary for parents to strike a work-life balance. In other words, if they should spend more time staying at home, taking up domestic chores, looking after young children, the bonds between family members will be strengthened. Admittedly, although social media has facilitated our communication and study, I would contend that it can lead to a sedentary and standoffish lifestyle. Accordingly, one further viable solution would be for local authorities to launch campaigns that encourage youngsters to engage in more physical and educational activities. That way, children are able to build up their confidence and articulate their thoughts to their parents.
By way of conclusion, financial hardships and technical devices are responsible for a growing gap among family members; nevertheless, this trend could be resolved by household commitment and educational campaigns.